home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Mod Mix Monday #81

Snowy Showy Shelves
Yummy

I don't know what the original source of this photo is... if anyone knows...let me know.
I have loved this image forever.
I usually don't like rough natural wood that much...but when it's right...it's right.
And everything about this room is right.
Of course I love the huge aqua blue hutch with snow trim and shelves full of white china.
Normally, I'd like a painted table but this one is so perfect and in just the perfect color of wood.
Love the lighter colored wood chairs too.
Anyone know where this image comes from?
I'd love to know.

Lots of good Christmas decor in last week's Mod Mix Monday.
Here we go with my favorites....
Restoration Redoux shared her little putz village. She has some great ones...doesn't she?
I'm so jealous.
Denise of Bella Dreams added some Merry Christmas to her collection of 
brown transferware and ironstone. 
I'm alway amazed when brown works at Christmas.
It's the addition of lots of white and a little sparkle and vintage baubles.

Melissa of Daisy Mae Belle rocked the brown Christmas look too.
Hmmmm...perhaps I need to ditch all my pastels and bring in the brown.
I am loving this so much....and that is what I loved about this week's inspiration photo too.
Laura of Cottage and Broome did some super cute, super easy and super fast decorating.
I'm not really into canning jars in decor but look how cute this is!
She put an ornament in one jar and an old Christmas card in another on a silver tray 
and added some greens and candy canes and it's darling!
Brilliant....Laura.
Custom Comforts is peppermint crazy...she made very very cute Christmas accessories using 
peppermints and a few things from the Dollar Store. 
Cute and Tasty
Betsy of Betsy Speert's Blog really scored with some beautiful antique 
pieces she found at an auction. She repaired this piece and painted it gray.
Lovely.

I just love seeing everyone's Christmas stuff, don't you?
Right now...I must get back in my living room to finish up my own decorating.




17 comments:

"Create Beauty" said...

That aqua hutch is fabulous! The whole room is, I agree.

~ Violet

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Nita,
Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Deb

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Happy Holidays, Nita! Thanks for hosting :) Seasons Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Love those snowy shelves ... and the table too. Thanks so much for hosting, Nita.

bj said...

That whole room is just beautiful. Has a welcoming feel to it. Like you, I much prefer painted furniture but every now and then, a piece or two of natural furniture color is just what the room needs for the grounding effect.

I hope it's ok to add food to your link party. If not, please let me know....and thanks for being such a loyal host each week.
xo bj

Adam Hazlett said...

Nita just trace your pinterest back to its source for that snowy hutch.
It's the actual house from urbanfarmhouse. blogspot from 2010...
here's the link
http://urbanfarmhouse.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-12-10T15%3A14%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=10
she has lots more pictures and close ups
very nice.
It does look like something you would love.

Crystelle Boutique said...

I'm with you: That image is simply gorgeous. I pinned it....

hugs x
Crystelle

Vanessa said...

Hi, Nita

Thank you for this awesome party. There are so many great tutorials. Lovely.

Hugs,

Vanessa

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

I sure hope you are decorating! :) Thanks for hosting!
xo, Andrea

Shannon Fox said...

I've seen that before Nita, but I don't recall off the top of my head who's it was? Fabulous for sure!!

Thanks for hosting :) Hang in there, only a little more and working retail at Christmas will be over.

Cottage and Broome said...

Nita, so surprised and flattered that you featured our post on our quick holiday decorating!!!! Really appreciate you featuring us!!! Love those snow shelves too, Laura

Betsy Speert said...

Thanks for featuring me.
I have food poisoning, so this perked me right up!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Nita. I love my brown and just have to make it work with every season so I don't have to move it! That aqua dining room piece is GORGEOUS.

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

First visit. Glad I found your blog. Thanks for hosting.
Denise

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thank you for hosting! Wishing you a pretty week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

First visit, coming over from Cottage and Broome (found her on Creative Cain Cabin). Thanks for hosting.
Joy

Ricki Treleaven said...

:D Oh, I *so* agree.......EVERYTHING about this room is *perfect.* Wow.